Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
the 2003 World Series champion
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 19 March 2016 01:21:10(UTC)

Groups: Registered

MEMPHIS, Tenn. nike air max comprar online . -- Grizzlies owner Robert Pera has followed through with his promise to open up his checkbook by signing Dave Joerger to a contract extension just days after allowing the coach to speak to the Minnesota Timberwolves about their vacancy. The Grizzlies announced Joergers extension Tuesday. Terms of the deal werent disclosed by the team, but Joerger said on ESPN 92.9 FM in Memphis that owner Robert Pera guaranteed the fourth year of his contract with a fifth year a team option. "He put his money right where his mouth is, and I put my money right where my mouth is ...," Joerger said. "Its good for both parties. Mike Conley and I were talking about weve been together for a long time brother. Now weve got another three, four, five year run on this deal." Pera wrote on Twitter that he finally had talked one-on-one with Joerger after his return from Minnesota where the coach interviewed twice in three days with the Timberwolves. "Following an open and honest dialogue with Dave, it became clear that Dave was fully committed to Memphis and we are committed to him," Pera said. "I look forward to seeing Dave build upon the foundation he helped establish over the last seven years, and we are both committed to bringing a championship to Memphis." Joerger went 50-32 for the best record among 10 first-year coaches and helped Memphis earn the No. 7 seed in the Western Conference during his first season on the job after being an assistant the previous six seasons. The Grizzlies lost in seven games to Oklahoma City in the first round of the playoffs. But he was the Western Conference coach of the month in January and April, the only first-year coach to win the award twice since the NBA split into conferences in 20002-03. Joerger said three other teams called for permission to talk to him last week only to be turned down. The Minnesota native was allowed to talk to the Timberwolves and now is thanking Pera for believing in him. "I am 100 per cent committed to leading the Grizzlies and I could not be more proud to call Memphis home," Joerger said. Pera still has to decide who will be running the Grizzlies. General manager Chris Wallace currently is in charge temporarily, and the Grizzlies hold the No. 22 pick overall in the NBA Draft in a month. Zach Randolph has an option for the next season and signing him to an extension would give Memphis more space with the salary cap. Joerger said Pera wants to be more involved in the franchise and knows exactly what he wants to do moving forward. "Im here to tell you this thing is going to be very positive," Joerger said. nike air max 90 portugal . The seventh-seeded former world No. 1 star Sharapova came from behind to beat rising 20-year-old Venezuelan-born Spaniard Garbine Muguruza, 1-6, 7-5, 6-1, on Court Chatrier. nike roshe run comprar . Tyler Colvin drove in three runs, Hunter Pence hit a towering home run and the Giants snapped their season-high six-game skid with a 6-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday night.BRADENTON, Fla. -- The Detroit Tigers think Alex Gonzalez is not too old to be a solution to their shortstop problem. In need of a replacement for injured Jose Iglesias, Detroit acquired the 37-year-old from the Baltimore Orioles on Monday for infielder Steve Lombardozzi. Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski said Gonzalez could get the bulk of the playing time, sharing the position with Andrew Romine, who was acquired Friday from the Los Angeles Angels. "Im not looking at 150 games," Dombrowski said. "Hes an older guy. But we do think he can be a key guy for us." Gonzalez has a .246 average with six major league teams and was the starting shortstop for the 2003 World Series champion Florida Marlins. Gonzalez agreed Jan. 31 to a minor league contract that calls for a $1.1 million salary in the major leagues. He had a .429 batting average during spring training with Baltimore and is to report to Tigers on Tuesday. "Hes always had great hands, andd I cant imagine his hands have gotten any worse," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. nike free run 3 comprar. . "Ive heard great things about him in spring training, as far as how hes moving. And I think his experience is a huge advantage." Dombrowski said his office had been busy for the past week trying to find replacement shortstops. There even was joking speculation the team might try to talk first base coach Omar Vizquel, 46, into making a comeback. Vizquel saw Gonzalez play winter ball in Venezuela and gave the Tigers a positive scouting report. "Hes younger than Omar," Ausmus said with a laugh. Two years ago Vizquel was the oldest shortstop in big league history. The 25-year-old Lombardozzi hit .259 with two homers and 22 RBIs for the Washington Nationals last season and was dealt to Detroit in December for pitcher Doug Fister. To make room for Lombardozzi on the 40-man roster, the Orioles designated catcher Johnny Monell for assignment. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed