Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Rush Vic Beasley Jr Jersey
gsnoopoy520
#1 Posted : 14 July 2018 08:36:19(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Chinese athlete Zhang Guowei competes in the men's high jump event at the World Challenge Beijing at the Bird's Nest in Beijing on Wednesday. He captured the gold with a jump of 2.34 meters Fabian Moreau Redskins Jersey , one centimeter short of his personal best. Photo: Cui MengGT Photo: Cui MengGT Photo: Cui MengGT
Chinese athletes said they need to do more to be more competitive in world athletics, after being outperformed in Wednesday night's World Challenge Beijing at the Bird's Nest.

The competition at the Bird's Nest, which will be the main venue for the World Championships in August, only saw high jumper Zhang Guowei give home fans something to cheer about.

Beijing native Zhang Peimeng, who finished fifth in men's 100-meter dash Ryan Anderson Redskins Jersey , said he is yet to find his stride.

"I'm not as fast as before, maybe because of my age," the 28-year-old Zhang Peimeng said.

"I need to make a breakthrough."

He admitted it's meaningless to run at the World Championships if he can't solve his problem in the next few months.

Xie Wenjun, who carries Chinese hopes of being the next Liu Xiang, placed fourth in the men's 110-meter hurdles in 13.47 seconds.

He's already eyeing more competitions to improve his time.

"My next race should be the Eugene Diamond League Jonathan Allen Redskins Jersey , then the Asian Championships," he told the Global Times -after the race.

The Asian Athletics Championships is set to take place in Wuhan in Central China's Hubei Province in June.

"After that I will focus on individual training ... pace training is my first -priority."

He also vowed to do his best at the World Championships, which is "very important to us."

The men's hurdles title went to David Oliver of the US in 13.15 seconds.

"Everyone in the final is capable of winning the title," Oliver said. "So it's not only one or more people I need to beat. I need to do my best."

He also had something to say about the 25-year-old Xie.

"He has to train a little bit more and get better, he is still very young Authentic Deshazor Everett Jersey ," Oliver said.

"He needs more time to get to a -higher level."

Out of the disappointed ones, China's Zhang Guowei claimed the men's high jump title at 2.34 meters, one centimeter short of his personal best.

"I entered several competitions, which made me feel exhausted lately," Zhang Guowei said.

He is eyeing his "dream" of 2.40 -meters.

"The atmosphere is excellent Authentic Rob Kelley Jersey , I've never competed with the so many -people cheering me on," Zhang said of his "home advantage."

"I will challenge the 2.40-meter mark when I'm ready."

Home long jump favorite Li Jinzhe only finished fourth at 8.13 meters. His old-time rival Aleksandr Menkov of -Russia placed third. The gold

medal went to American Michael Hartfield, who jumped 8.27 meters after four tries.

London Olympic gold medalist Anna Chicherova of Russia easily captured the women's high jump event at 1.94 -meters.

China's Wei Yongli, gold medalist of the women's 100-meter dash at the Incheon Asian Games, clocked 11.55 -seconds Authentic Zach Brown Jersey , placing sixth.

Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel (L) and Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe attend their joint news conference after talks at Abe's official residence in Tokyo March 9, 2015. REUTERSToru Hanai

TOKYO - German Chancellor Angela Merkel, referring to Germany's own experience, reminded Japan on Monday of the need to squarely confront its wartime past but also signaled that neighboring countries must do their part to achieve reconciliation.

The polite reminder comes as Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is preparing to issue a statement to mark the 70th anniversary of Japan's defeat in World War Two, the legacy of which still plagues Tokyo's ties with China and South Korea.

The statement will be closely watched by Beijing and Seoul Authentic D.J. Swearinger Jersey , which suffered under Japanese militarism, as well as Tokyo's close ally, Washington.

Abe has said he intends to express remorse over the war and that his cabinet upholds past apologies, including the landmark 1995 statement by then-premier Tomiichi Murayama. But it is unclear whether Abe will repeat the "heartfelt apology" and reference to "colonial rule and aggression" in that statement.

Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel speaks during the lecture meeting at Asahi Shimbun headquarters in Tokyo March 9, 2015. REUTERSKoji Sasahara

In a speech at the start of her first visit to Japan since 2008 Authentic Stacy McGee Jersey , Merkel referred to a 1985 speech by the late German president Richard von Weizsaecker in which he called the end of World War Two in Europe a "day of liberation" and said those who closed their eyes to the past were "blind to the present".

Asked how Germany was able to reconcile with its one-time enemies after the war, Merkel said: "Without big gestures by our neighbors that would not have been possible ... But there was the acceptance in Germany to call things by their name."

Feuds over wartime history as well as territorial rows over disputed islands and geopolitical rivalry have frayed Tokyo's ties with Seoul and Beijing in recent years. Sino-Japanese relations have thawed a little since Abe met Chinese leader Xi Jinping last November but ties with Seoul remain frosty.

Some scholars say that while Japan bears part of the blame for East Asia's inability to lay the ghosts of the war to rest because its conservative politicians often cast doubt on the sincerity of past apologies, China and South Korea also keep tensions alive because history can be a useful political and diplomatic card.

ZAGREB, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- Croatian football player Leon Benko confirmed on Monday to Xinhua that he doesn't plan to go back to play for Chinese Dalian Aerbin and that he took his club to FIFA court.

"I can't talk publicly about the details of the case because my lawyer has forbidden me to do it before the case is closed," Benko told to Xinhua.

The 30-year-ol.

Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed