Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
s going to do to you and you better sta
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 22 March 2016 01:16:44(UTC)

Groups: Registered

PARIS -- Daniela Hantuchova will face top seed Maria Sharapova in the second round of the Open GDF Suez after beating Marina Erakovic on Tuesday. Buy Cheap Nike Roshe Run . Hantuchova was leading 6-3, 3-0, and looked set for a straight-sets victory before Erakovic retired without citing a specified reason. Sharapova leads Hantuchova 8-1 in their head-to-heads, with the Slovaks only win against the four-time Grand Slam champion who has won every major when they first played 10 years ago. In other first round matches, there were wins for Frenchwoman Alize Cornet and Yvonne Meusburger of Austria. Cornet laboured past Magdalena Rybarikova of Serbia 6-3, 5-7, 6-2 and Meusburger beat Anna-Lena Friedsam of Germany 7-5, 6-1. Cornet closed out the first set on serve after breaking Rybarikova twice. The Serb struggled on her serve in the second set but Cornet missed chances to break her midway through the set and then twice dropped her own serve. At 6-5 and 30-40 on Cornets serve, Rybarikova broke Cornet again to level the match. But then Cornet broke her twice at the start of the third set to open up a 3-0 lead and regain control. Buy Nike Free Flyknit 4.0 . Once that happened, the rest was automatic. Headley homered in the ninth inning off Aroldis Chapman, the first hit the hard-throwing lefty allowed since his return from being hit in the head by a line drive, and the San Diego Padres beat the Cincinnati Reds 2-1 on Tuesday night. Nike Roshe Run Floral Uk . Kevin Durant will make his season debut tonight against the New Orleans Pelicans.TORONTO -- Brian Burke is not concerned about bullying in the Calgary Flames dressing room. The teams president of hockey operations has a no-hazing policy -- and always has. The issue of bullying in pro sports locker-rooms has taken centre stage recently after Miami Dolphins offensive linemen Jonathan Martin left the team amid accusations he had been harassed by teammate Richie Incognito. During a keynote address at the PrimeTime Sports Management Conference on Tuesday, Burke was asked whether his team has had to implement any changes as a result of the Dolphins case. "We already have a no-hazing policy," said Burke, who was hired by the Flames in September. "I mean when I was a rookie in the American (Hockey) League, I got shaved, I got initiated and all that stuff. Ive seen that happen to a lot of guys and I thought it was really stupid at the time. So weve never allowed hazing on any of my teams, even when I was an assistant GM back in 87 with Pat Quinn (in Vancouver). "No rookie initiations, no shaving, no physical abuse whatsoever. One of the forms of abuse (elsewhere) is to make the rookies (pay) a huge tab for a rookie dinner, where it costs them 15 to 20 grand. We have a cap of $5,000 on the rookie dinner. No rookie can pay more than $5,000. Theres no physical abuse, no racial abuse, no homophobic abuse. So Im not worried about having that situation on our team." Burke had a brief pro career as a player in the American Hockey League before going to law school. He won a Calder Cup with the Maine Mariners in 1978. "Now I know as a player, if I felt I was getting bullied, I know what Id do -- Id end it right there in the dressing room," Burke said. "Whether I wanted to fight or not, Id fight the guy. Im amazed that this has gotten to where it is without the players dealing with this." Martin, a second-year pro, leftt the Dolphins two weeks ago. Nike Roshe Run Flyknit Black. . His lawyer has alleged Martin was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito, who has been suspended. Incognito is white and Martin is biracial. Teammates both black and white have said Incognito is not a racist, and theyve been more supportive of the veteran guard than they have of Martin. Burke said on occasion he would confront teammates if he thought they were being timid during a game. "I have gotten right in their face and cursed at them and said, You better stop worrying about what this (opponent) is going to do to you and you better start worrying about what I might do to you if you dont get going here," he said. "Now is that bullying in the middle of the game when you think a guy is losing courage and youre trying to buck him up? Is that bullying? To me its not." Burke added that players often work things out on their own. "In our (game), Ive had coaches grab me, Ive had teammates grab me and Ive grabbed teammates during games and during practice," he said. "Ive fought teammates in practice that I thought were disrespectful to the coach, I fought them in practice. "I wont apologize for that. Thats not bullying, thats a team sorting things out." Burke, a former player agent, has had a long career as a hockey executive. The 58-year-old native of Providence, R.I., joined the Canucks as director of hockey operations in 1987 and later served as general manager of the team. He also worked as a GM in Toronto, Hartford and Anaheim. Burke has also worked at the NHLs head office and in an executive capacity for USA Hockey. He was GM of the American mens team that won silver at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Burke is director of player personnel for the squad that will play at the 2014 Games in Sochi, Russia. -- With files from The Associated Press Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed