Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
player protests and the directo
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 24 March 2016 01:19:22(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price has been placed on Injured Reserve retroactive to February 26, the club announced Monday. Nike Roshe One Flyknit Leopard . Price joins wingers Brandon Prust and Michael Bournival on the injured list, meaning the team has one roster spot open and creates room for a potential addition. "Carey is still day-to-day," head coach Michel Therrien confirmed following Mondays practice from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. "As soon as the medical staff feels hes ready to start practicing, hes going to go on the ice, but obviously he was not today." Price traveled with the team for its four-game Western road trip that begins Monday against the Kings, where Peter Budaj will get his fourth-straight start. Budaj has already helped the team pick up five points out of a possible six since taking over starting duties with Price. Dustin Tokarski from the Hamilton Bulldogs in the American Hockey League will back up Budaj. Price can be returned to Montreals roster as early as Tuesday and he could play against the Ducks in Anaheim on Wednesday if hes ready to return. Price was hurt last week after facing just one shot at practice. He left the ice in discomfort and appeared to be favouring his leg. Price has a 26-17-5 record this season for the Canadiens, with a 2.33 goals-against average and .925 save percentage. Adidas ZX 750 Grijs . After beating the ninth-seeded Zhang Shuai of China 6-2, 6-2 on Saturday, Ivanovic described the prospect of winning as a "dream." "Ten years on tour and I never have a title on grass," the 26-year-old Serb said. Nike Roshe One . -- The Detroit Tigers think Alex Gonzalez is not too old to be a solution to their shortstop problem. MADRID, Spain -- Lionel Messi marked his return from a near two-month injury absence by coming off the bench to score two late goals as Barcelona beat Getafe 4-0 in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday. While Cesc Fabregas also scored twice, the atmosphere at the far-from-capacity Camp Nou only picked up with Messis entrance as a substitute in the 64th minute. The Argentina forward showed no after-effects from a torn left hamstring. "I felt good in training and even if they checked me thoroughly, once you get on the field its totally different," Messi said. "Physically I felt good, I didnt feel any discomfort in my muscle." "I played through injury," Messi said of the buildup to his 59-day absence, when he was bothered by various problems. "But I did well to get through all of this. And now Im motivated to make this a great year." Messi slotted home Martin Montoyas lay-off inside the area on the stroke of stoppage time before capping a typical run through the opponents defence with a rising shot into the back of the net moments later. "Messis career is like a movie script," Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino said. "When you think hes down, he scores goals within just two or three minutes. His game was like a summary of his entire career here." Pedro Rodriguez found Fabregas inside the area with a well-placed cross to head home the ninth-minute opener, and Fabregas later doubled the advantage from the penalty spot in front of 39,299 fans at the 100,000-capacity stadium. Barcelona was without forward Neymar because of a stomach bug. The game was watched by the teaams former coach Tito Vilanova, who showed the effects of his cancer treatment. Nike Roshe One Print Zwart. In other last 16, first-leg matches, last-place Real Betis set aside its Spanish league woes to beat Athletic Bilbao 1-0 at home, while second-division side Alcorcon also started with a 1-0 home victory against Espanyol. Racing Santander drew 1-1 against Almeria in a tension-filled matchup marked by player protests and the directors box being stormed by spectators. Santander has quickly slid down the professional ranks into the third division since its relegation from topflight football two seasons ago. Tension was high among the 1,500 fans in the El Sardinero from the kickoff when players stood idly for 20 seconds in protest at not being paid their wages for three months. A group of spectators also attempted to confront club president Alfonso Garcia and the directors in their seats, and clashes with police followed. At the Benito Villamarin Stadium, Betis forward Ruben Castro headed home Juanfran Morenos long cross at the far post in the 42nd minute for the winner. Cedric Mabwati and Joan Verdu came close as Betis controlled the first half before Athletic improved. Kike Sola marked his return from injury with the visitors best chances, hitting a post just before stoppage time. Dani Pacheco scored as Alcorcon continued its good run in the domestic cup competition against Espanyol, which was without coach Javier Aguirre who was serving the first of a four-game ban. On Thursday, Real Madrid plays Osasuna and Rayo Vallecano faces Levante. Defending champion Atletico Madrid drew 1-1 at Valencia on Tuesday. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed