Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
what he can do this season
chenyan94
#1 Posted : 17 August 2018 06:13:28(UTC)

Groups: Registered

— Coach Jeff Monken and the Army football team watched the New York Giants practice and were saluted by the NFL players after the workout.

Because of NCAA rules Josh Rosen Jersey , the Cadets had to watch the roughly two-hour workout sitting in the temporary stands surrounding the Giants’ three fields at the team headquarters near MetLife Stadium.

After meeting with coach Pat Shurmur, the Giants walked over as a group, waved to the Army players and threw small equipment to the Cadets. Star receiver Odell Beckham Jr. ran toward the chain link fence separating the field from the stands and climbed it, while two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning tossed gloves into the stands.

“These guys are terrific young men and at some point they may be defending our freedom, so our guys, I thought it was great, they went over there and acknowledged them,” Shurmur said.

Monken said the Cadets had planned to attend a practice last season but they had to cancel the trip when weather forced him to make up a practice at West Point. With a day off Tuesday, Monken planned the roughly one-hour trip from the military academy.

“We were thrilled to have this opportunity to come here on our day off and watch the professionals,” Monken said.

Army is coming off a 10-3 season that ended with a 42-35 win over San Diego State in the Lockheed Martin Armed Services Bowl in Texas. The Cadets open their season on Aug. 31 at Duke.

Like most coaches, Monken said his team is not ready.

“We are a long ways from ready,” said Monken, entering his fifth season at Army. “If you saw us practice yesterday (Monday) Broncos Game Jerseys , you would know how far we are from ready.”

Monken and his staff stood on the sidelines and occasionally talked to Giants coaches during the workout. Being a former special teams coach, he spoke with assistant Tom Quinn. He also liked a few of the passing routes New York was running.

“We’re not a big throwing team, but we can use some of that,” he said.

If one drill caught Monken’s eye it was a scout team drill the Giants were using to prepare their defense for Cleveland.

Monken took note of the offensive personnel on the field.

“Who is in there but No. 10 at quarterback (Manning), and Beckham is over there playing receiver off the scout cards,” Monken said. “It’s great for our guys that these guys in there and giving their defense the best look, and we’re prepared to win the game. Other people don’t notice. I noticed and I certainly think our guys noticed, too.”

Saquon Barkley is everything the New York Giants expected, and then some.

The running back from Penn State who was the second overall pick in the draft is humble, immensely skilled, inquisitive and quite possibly the most popular guy on the team in terms of fan interest.

Forget that the Giants have Eli Manning and Odell Beckham Jr. on the field. When Barkley touches the ball, there is a marked increase in the level of excitement, with ”oohs” and ”aahs” coming from the stands. And that was just at the opening of training camp practice.

If there is any doubt about the amount of hope the rookie has generated after a 3-13 season Cheap Malik Jefferson Jersey , look at the number of fans wearing his No. 26 jersey. It is already among the highest-selling NFL jerseys, and Barkley has not played a down as a pro.

Barkley smiled Friday when asked if he was starting to feel like a veteran heading into his second day of practice.

”Far from a veteran. Just excited, living the dream,” he said. ”I’m a New York Giant, playing football. I’ve been wanting to do this since I was a little kid, to play in the NFL. Just attacking every single day, trying to get better.”

Barkley admitted playing in front of packed stands at the Giants’ headquarters was an awesome, new experience.

”Like you said, saw a lot of 26 jerseys in the stands, saw my family,” he said. ”I got to see my family after, I was able to sign for kids after also, and that becomes part of the game. You don’t do it for the fans Kenny Young Jersey Elite , but you play for the fans also, too, and you want to come out there and practice your heart out, and just for them being out there showing love and support, it means a lot to me.”

On the field, Barkley is all business. Whenever he sees something he doesn’t understand, he talks to Manning or fellow running back Jonathan Stewart.

”I’ve been like that since I was a little kid,” Barkley said. ”My mom and dad used to say I used to ask them questions like, `Why this, why that, why this, why that?’ That’s just the approach that I take, and I’m always going to have Kyle Long Jersey , even when – God willing – I play 10 years in this league. Asking questions is how you figure it out.”

Barkley said his ambition is simple. He wants to be the best player he can possibly be to help the team win.

If there is a concern about what he can do this season, it revolves around the offensive line. It was dreadful last season and has been rebuilt with the free-agent additions of tackle Nate Solder and guard Patrick Omameh, the drafting of rookie guard Will Hernandez in the second round and the shift of Ereck Flowers from left to right tackle. Jon Halapio has replaced Brett Jones at center.

”As a running back it’s your job to set up the blocks, your job to hit the hole square, put your head down and make that guy miss,” Barkley said, noting that much of his film study is centered on how the NFL’s top backs help their linemen.

Barkley also adds the second option of being able to catch passes and use his breakaway speed to go long distances.

Giants co-owner John Mara said Thursday that Barkley has generated possibility even more interest than future Hall of Fame linebacker Lawrence Taylor did when he joined the team in 1981.

”In speaking to him and watching how he conducts himself, I think he is able to handle that, so I feel good about that,” Mara said. ”But still, you know I’ve used this line a million times before – let’s not get him ready for Canton just yet, let’s let him play some games first.”

Sponsor  

vrathia
#2 Posted : 01 May 2020 18:24:25(UTC)

vrathia
#3 Posted : 06 August 2020 03:57:12(UTC)

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
Rss Feed  Atom Feed