Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
The Angels are
liny195
#1 Posted : 21 August 2018 06:09:32(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Drew Brees hardly sounds like a man in denial.

Following the first practice of his 18th training camp on Thursday Youth Ed Dickson Jersey , the 39-year-old Saints quarterback openly acknowledged how little might be left of his career. But he also expressed a determination to make the most of it.

"I understand that I don't have a whole lot of time left," said Brees, who'll be 40 in January and whose contract expires after the 2019 season. "You've got to work and have high expectations and sacrifice and do maybe even more now than I ever have."

Brees figures wisdom and experience have improved his game mentally in ways that mitigate the physical effects of aging, but that's not what he attributes most to his longevity.

He considers the single most significant evolution in his game over the past half-decade to be his increased emphasis on throwing mechanics 鈥?the placement of his feet, the rotation of his torso, the angle of his arm motion, the point at which he releases the ball, and so forth.

Brees regurgitates odd-sounding terminology he's learned from reputed throwing guru Tom House, such as "ankle eye," meant to convey the idea that if the inside ankle of a thrower's push-off leg had an eye, it should be "looking" toward the target.

"I didn't think a whole lot about mechanics until about six years ago. I think I was just kind of a natural thrower. Like, I'd always been a pitcher in baseball, or shortstop," Brees said. "So you kind of reach a point where that's so second-nature that you just do it, and yet you don't really understand the elements of why are you able to get velocity, or the components that go into being an efficient thrower and being really accurate.

"As you get older http://www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-troy-apke-jersey , you begin to develop more of an appreciation for that," Brees continued. "Your physical skills begin to diminish, right? But you want to make those things repeatable and correctable if you do get off track. So, I'd say I've become more in tune with my mechanics."

It was hard to argue with the results during team drills Thursday, when Brees heaved a pinpoint pass over the top of the secondary to rookie receiver Tre'Quan Smith for a touchdown covering about 60 yards.

But when Brees misses a throw, he says he knows "exactly why I missed it," giving various examples of what might have gone wrong. "My feet were out of whack. Or, I didn't get proper rotation, or I let my (non-throwing) arm get outside the framework of my body; I didn't stay closed long enough. I didn't have my front shoulder down. I didn't have my ankle eye" facing the target.

In 2011, when Brees was 32, his 5,476 yards passing set a single-season NFL record eclipsed only once since, when Denver's Peyton Manning passed for one yard more in 2013.

Last season, Brees passed for 4,334 yards, his lowest total in 12 seasons with the Saints. Yet Tarvarius Moore Jersey 49ers , Brees also reclaimed the NFL record for single-season accuracy with a 72 percent completion rate, topping his previous high of 71.2 in 2011, which was an NFL record until it fell to Sam Bradford (71.6) in 2016.

Meanwhile, the Saints were back in the playoffs last season, bolstered by a strong running game and improved defense. So Brees didn't see his 2017 yards passing total as a harbinger of decline.

The success of the running game "allowed us to stay more committed to it," Brees said.

And with a better defense, "we didn't have to take as many chances offensively and have to throw the ball 鈥?push the ball down the field," Brees continued. "Those are all good things."

Brees still talks of playing as long as possible, but eschews bold predictions about lasting into his mid-40s or beyond, unlike New England's Tom Brady .

Drew Brees says an emphasis on mechanics has helped him maintain his level of play as he's gotten older @brettmartel s://t.co/JWCs9wzZG7 pic.Ak9tKRAseo

鈥?AP NFL (@AP_NFL) July 27, 2018

And what about family? Brees has four children younger than 10, but says he doesn't see his desire to be involved in their lives as a detriment to his football career. Rather, he contends, it makes him more focused when he is at Saints headquarters.

"I have to be able to leave this facility and go be with my family, be with my wife, be with my kids. They help balance me out Jim Kelly Jersey ," Brees said. "That enjoyment in my life helps me be a better football player and it also forces me when I'm here to be as efficient as possible, because I know now my time can't run over. I can't say, 'Oh, I'll stay an extra hour.' No. I have to get my work done by this time, so I get home and read my kids a book before they go to bed 鈥?or else I miss that opportunity and then that eats at me and then it throws off my balance."

Of course, good balance helps with throwing 鈥?for Brees, in more ways than one.

More NFL coverage: ://pro32.ap.org and ://AP_NFL

Matt Koch will aim for his fourth consecutive victory on Tuesday night, and the Arizona Diamondbacks will try for a two-game road sweep of the Los Angeles Angels.

Arizona (40-32) won the series opener 7-4 on Monday night to extend its lead in the National League West to two games over the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Paul Goldschmidt drove in two runs and is batting .426 (29-for-68) with eight homers and 18 RBIs in his last 17 games.

The Angels (38-35) gave up the first six runs of the interleague series opener before dropping their seventh game in the past eight to fall 8 1/2 games back of the Seattle Mariners for the second wild card in the AL. They were 3 1/2 games back on June 9.

“It’s tough to spot them six,” Angels manager Mike Scioscia told reporters after the loss Monday.

Koch (5-3, 4.09) wasn’t expected to be part of the rotation this spring, but an arm injury to fellow right-hander Taijuan Walker prompted the club to recall Koch from Triple-A Reno on April 20.

He was 2-0 with a 2.13 ERA after four starts, lost three straight in mid-May, but has regrouped with the help of exceptional run support. The Diamondbacks have combined for 36 runs in his past four starts.

“You always have to be ready for your opportunity,” Koch told the told Sioux City Journal last week. “You never know when it’s going to come, how early or how late it is, you just have to be ready for it Texans Elite Jerseys , whenever it is, and try to take advantage of it.”

Koch’s spot in the rotation isn’t set in cement, as veterans Shelby Miller (Tommy John surgery) and Robbie Ray (right oblique strain) are making rehab starts and nearing their returns.

Despite his recent success, his first career appearance against the Angels could determine whether Koch remains in the rotation. He said he’s not focused on that aspect of his performance.

“All I try to do is just get ready for that game and do all I can to keep the team in the game, and try to win,” Koch said. “I can’t really worry about all the other stuff that’s going on or your focus isn’t going to be on what you need to do.”

Koch would be more than willing to occupy a spot in the bullpen if it meant staying with the Diamondbacks.

“I want to be part of the team and if it’s best for the team for me to go to the bullpen I’ll do it, and if it’s best for me to stay in the rotation I’ll do it,” he said. It’s whatever they think will help the team most.”

The Angels are scheduled to send 28-year-old right-hander Felix Pena to the mound for his first major league start.

For the third time this season, Pena (0-0, 10.13) was recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake on Friday. He has made two relief appearances with the Angels this season totaling 2 2/3 innings. Nine of his 10 appearances for Triple-A Salt Lake this season have been as a starter, and he’s 1-2 with a 3.51 ERA for the Bees.

Pena was acquired from the Chicago Cubs in October after making 36 relief appearances over the past two seasons. He has never faced the Diamondbacks.

Sponsor  

kiyoumins
#2 Posted : 05 September 2018 03:13:47(UTC)

cc20180905
polo ralph lauren outlet
louis vuitton outlet store
pandora jewelry
coach outlet
kate spade outlet
ugg outlet
ugg outlet
coach outlet
pandora jewelry official site
pandora jewelry
louis vuitton outlet online
mulberry handbags
ugg outlet
moncler jackets
pandora jewelry official site
hermes bags
oakland athletics jerseys
coach outlet
swarovski outlet
prada handbags
coach outlet online
tiffany outlet
adidas superstar
nike outlet
air jordan shoes
kate spade bags
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
timberland boots
skechers shoes
canada goose jackets
fake rolex
supreme clothing
michael kors outlet
louboutin shoes
ugg boots
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
cheap jordans
ralph lauren sale clearance
mont blanc pens
los angeles dodgers jerseys
pandora charms
ugg outlet
converse outlet store
polo outlet store
salomon shoes
nfl jerseys wholesale
nike air max
fitflops
kate spade outlet store
jimmy choo outlet
pandora charms
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren outlet
cheap mlb jerseys
mbt shoes
nike react shoes
louis vuitton outlet
coach factory outlet online
coach canada outlet
converse shoes
pandora charms
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet
kate spade outlet store
michael kors
cheap nfl jerseys
pandora jewelry outlet
uggs outlet
polo ralph lauren outlet
nike air max shoes
cheap jordans
nike huarache
jordan shoes
air max 90
nike shoes
adidas yeezy
coach outlet store
salvatore ferragamo shoes
jordans
kate spade bags
kate spade handbags
coach outlet
asics outlet
cheap jordan shoes
timberland boots
michael kors outlet
canada goose jackets
canada goose outlet
birkenstock outlet
north face outlet
nike air max 1
tory burch outlet
mulberry outlet
pandora outlet
cheap oakley sunglasses
philipp plein outlet
michael kors outlet
uggs
adidas yeezy boost
red bottoms
adidas originals
kobe shoes
dr martens outlet
pandora charms sale clearance
canada goose outlet
michael kors handbags
nike air more money
mulberry uk
swarovski crystal
gucci outlet
supreme clothing
nike shoes
ugg boots
pandora store
air max 2018
adidas shoes
salvatore ferragamo
nike cortez
cincinnati reds jerseys
air max 2018
ralph lauren outlet
tiffany and co
timberland outlet
jordan retro 11
ralph lauren
replica watches
ugg outlet
cristiano ronaldo jerseys
coach factory outlet
coach outlet
fred perry
fitflops sale clearance
ecco shoes
pandora charms sale clearance
nike shoes
toms shoes
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton
yeezy boost 350
nike air max 95
cheap jordans for sale
nike dunks
uggs outlet store
birkenstock sandals
polo ralph lauren outlet online
uggs outlet
adidas yeezy
canada goose jackets
moncler jackets
michael kors outlet
burberry outlet
christian louboutin shoes
kate spade handbags
kate spade outlet
louis vuitton
ralph lauren outlet
ultra boost
pandora charms
adidas shoes
coach outlet
tory burch outlet
longchamp handbags
canada goose jackets
coach canada
kate spade handbags
ralph lauren outlet
nike free run
kobe bryant shoes
nike basketball shoes
cheap jordans free shipping
adidas
moncler outlet
christian louboutin
coach factory outlet online
philipp plein shirt
ralph lauren
hermes handbags
uggs canada
tory burch outlet online
ugg boots
moncler jackets
mont blanc
coach outlet
michael kors handbags
adidas superstar
nike outlet online
nike air max zero
nike shox
pandora jewelry
oakley sunglasses outlet
fitflops sale clearance
kate spade handbags
coach outlet store
nike shoes
coach outlet
adidas stan smith
cc20180905
vrathia
#3 Posted : 02 May 2020 01:50:40(UTC)

vrathia
#4 Posted : 06 August 2020 11:22:04(UTC)

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
Rss Feed  Atom Feed