Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
retty much everybody exce
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 21 April 2016 01:34:06(UTC)

Groups: Registered

MIAMI -- Chicago Cubs pitcher Travis Wood delivered a victory from the mound on Sunday. Leather Női Nike Air Max 90 rózsaszín/fehér Trainning cipők . A day later, he did the same from the batters box. The pinch-hitting pitcher had an RBI double with two outs in the 13th inning, giving the Chicago Cubs a 5-4 victory over the Miami Marlins. "I knew I was coming up that inning, so I had been stretched out, swinging down in the tunnel," Wood said. "I came up, luckily Junior got on and I was able to hit it down the line and put us up." Called on to bat for reliever Carlos Villanueva (3-5), Wood hit a sharp groundball off Jacob Turner (2-5) down the left field line, scoring Junior Lake for the go-ahead run. Wood was pressed into action as available players dwindled. Cubs manager Rick Renteria used lefties Chris Coghlan and Nate Schierholtz in the seventh and 10th innings, respectively. By the 13th, the Cubs had gone through seven pitchers and all batters but righty Eli Whiteside. "(Whiteside) was my last guy, then if we get beyond and I use Russ (James Russell), I need somebody to pitch and I still need another body," Renteria said. "The way (Wood) handles the bat, he gave us, he gave himself a chance in that at bat." Wood, who is hitting .250 this season, was 0 for 4 as a pinch hitter entering the game. "I always hit growing up, out of high school," Wood said. "I didnt have 3, 4 year of not hitting. So I kind of just stuck with it and its part of my job as a starting pitcher in the National League, so I practice at it and try to do the best I can." Miamis Tom Koehler was near perfect to start, retiring 14 of the first 15 batters. Only Mike Olt registered a hit against the Marlins starter during that stretch. But the Cubs overcame a 3-0 deficit in the sixth inning, highlighted by Starlin Castros three-run homer. After the Marlins were unable to turn a double play on pitcher Justin Hammels bunt, Luis Valbuena and Justin Ruggiano followed with singles. Hammel ended Koehlers shutout when he scored on a groundout by Anthony Rizzo. Castro then gave Chicago a 4-3 lead with a three-run homer, his 10th of the season. "Other than the curveball that I hung there, they did a good job of hitting some quality pitches," Koehler said. "Unfortunately, in this game the results dont always mirror the quality of the outing. I do feel like I let the guys down when we had that three-run lead going into the inning." Koehler, who gave up five hits and struck out five, failed to get beyond the sixth inning for the third time in his last four starts. "Tom is having a tough time getting through that sixth inning," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "He was breezing. Hes got to fight through that to win games at this level." The Marlins responded in the bottom half of the sixth. Marcell Ozuna led off with a triple and scored on a sacrifice fly by Adeiny Hechavarria. Hammel allowed four runs and eight hits. He struck out nine in six innings. Giancarlo Stanton put the Marlins on the board in the first inning with his 19th home run, a two-run line drive that just cleared the right field wall. "I could not get the slider down and that was the ball that Stanton hit," Hammel said. "Ive never seen a home run like that. I think it took two seconds to get out of the ballpark. I thought it was going to be a foul ball and hitting the base of the wall or something. Thats impressive." Miami padded its lead in the third when Stanton scored on Casey McGehees single to right. The Marlins failed to convert with the bases loaded in the seventh. Garrett Jones grounded into a forceout at home and Ozuna struck out looking. NOTES: The Marlins observed a moment of silence for Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn, who died Monday. ... The Cubs improved to 3-6 in extra inning games this season. The Marlins fell to 4-6. ... Castro registered his 11th three-hit game and now shares the major league lead in the category with Colorados Troy Tulowitzki. With his home run in the sixth, Castro picked up his eighth extra-base hit in his last 10 games. ... The Cubs intentionally walked Stanton in the 11th inning, giving the Marlins slugger 14 intentional passes this season. Stanton trails only Bostons David Ortiz (15) in intentional walks. ... Jake Marisnick and Justin Bour, both recalled from Triple-A New Orleans, saw action in Mondays game. Marisnick batted leadoff in place of the injured OF Christian Yelich and finished 2 for 6 with run, a walk and two stolen bases. Bour struck out in a pinch-hit appearance for Koehler in the sixth inning, ... The teams continue the series Tuesday night, with Chicago RHP Jeff Samardzija (2-6) facing RHP Anthony DeSclafani (1-1). Nike Air Max 90 Hungary .Benfica leads Porto by six points before it visits Pacos Ferreira on Monday.Bruno Gallo scored what proved to be Maritimos winner with a left-footed volley in the 32nd minute. Nike Air Max 90 Női . -- Free agent centre Evan Dietrich-Smith has agreed to a contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.SAN ANTONIO -- About an hour after the season ended, Chris Bosh was standing near the bus ramp from where the Miami Heat would soon depart for the airport and the off-season. Miamis two-year reign was over. And Bosh almost sounded relieved. The Heat got rolled in the NBA Finals by San Antonio, losing in five games, the last three of them lopsided, and for the first time since 2011 there would be no championship parade in Miami. The same team that the Heat wore down in the 2013 finals had all the answers, ushering in a summer for Miami that will be filled with questions about the futures of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Bosh. "I dont think anybody really enjoyed this season like in years past," Bosh told The Associated Press. "There was no, like, genuine joy all the time. It seemed like work. It was a job the whole year. Winning was just a relief. Losing was a cloud over us sometimes and then wed break out of it -- and then go right back. But we got here. We had a chance. They were just better." That being said, and while hardly committing to a fifth season of the "Big 3" era in Miami, Bosh made it clear: The group wants to remain intact. Whether or not personal choices and financial realities of a salary-capped, luxury-taxed world will allow that to happen remain unclear. "We want to stay together, man," Bosh said. "Ill say that. Its a great organization, great team and great city. And to have a chance, thats all you can ask for." James insisted he hasnt thought about what decisions he has to make this summer. Wade has often expressed interest in remaining with the Heat. Bosh has said repeatedly that he wants to stay. But all can become free agents in the next couple weeks, and the Heat might be rooting for that to happen. By opting out, they could get new deals with the Heat and create financial flexibility for team president Pat Riley to lure new pieces into a locker room that will need new faces. "The whole league continues to get better every single year," James said. "Obviously we would need to get better from every facet, every position. Its just how the league works." For as well as he played in Game 5 -- 31 points and 10 rebounds in what would be the final game of Miamis run as cchampion -- James best display of defence came afterward, when pressed repeatedly about his future. Férfi Nike Air Max 90 fehér/szürke/Lime Glow cipők. "I will deal with my summer when I get to that point," James said. "Me and my team will sit down and deal with it. I love Miami. My family loves it. But obviously right now thats not even what Im thinking about. You guys are trying to find answers. Im not going to give you one." The Heat arent expected to hold exit interviews until later this week. James and Wade shared the postgame podium Sunday, possibly for the last time. Wade seemed to be labouring in the last two games of the finals, shooting just 28 per cent from the floor and 50 per cent from the foul line. "It wasnt just Dwyane," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said when asked about Wades struggles. "It was pretty much everybody except for LeBron." Wades knees and health have been a concern all year, never more than in the finals. "Im all right," Wade said. "Cant win them all. You try to, but you cant win them all." The Heat have known for four years that this summer of decisions and possible changes was looming, and have planned accordingly. Besides the "Big 3," the locker room is filled with free-agents-in-waiting. Chris Andersen, who excelled for little money the last two seasons, will be getting a raise from someone. Mario Chalmers can leave, Ray Allen isnt sure if hell play in Miami or anywhere else, Shane Battier is retiring and Udonis Haslem -- who has been with the Heat for 11 seasons, just like Wade -- also has an uncertain future. "It wasnt a distraction," Haslem said. " We got here. And if someone had told me when I signed on the dotted line that Id go to four straight finals, Id take it." The Spurs dont see the Heat going anywhere. "Theyre a class act and theyll be back next year for sure," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "I dont think anybody would really doubt that." Bosh can only hope hes right. "I see why people were saying three-peating is hard. I get it now," Bosh said. "I get it. Theres just so many other things you have to fight. The human psyche, the human condition. Were all human. And it was a long, tough season." Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed