Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
weet said rape van instead of w
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 28 April 2016 01:54:04(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Leading up to SportsCentres Year In Review on Christmas Eve, TSN and TSN.ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at the Sea of Green in Regina - as the Saskatchewan Roughriders won the 101st Grey Cup in front of their passionate fans by toppling the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. They said the script was written in green ink. After watching the BC Lions and Toronto Argonauts hoist the Grey Cup on home soil the previous two years, Saskatchewan Roughriders fans were hoping this was their year, the season of the 101st Grey Cup to be played in Regina. The Roughriders fast start and strong first half gave the province hope, with Darian Durant playing some of the best football of his career and Kory Sheets rushing on a record pace. The teams second half struggles - a four-game losing streak after Labour Day - served as the obstacle for the heroes to overcome; with the Riders doing just that in finishing second in the West Division before advancing to the championship game in late November. As if the Grey Cup couldnt hold any more importance, the Roughriders were welcoming back old friends Kent Austin, Andy Fantuz, and Henry Burris, now in black and gold as members of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Austin led Saskatchewan to their last Grey Cup win in 2007 before heading south to coach college football. Fantuz was named Most Outstanding Canadian in that same Grey Cup. The game itself was never very close, and that was just fine with the 44,710 crammed into the stands at Taylor Field. Buoyed by a couple of fortunate bounces early, the Roughriders mostly dominated Hamilton that Sunday en route to an easy 45-23 win. Sheets completed his magical season with nearly 200 rushing yards, two touchdowns and a Grey Cup MVP. Geroy Simon proved he was still super with two touchdown receptions while fan favourite Weston Dressler and Jock Sanders also added scores. And as for Durant, the QB who carried the perception he wasnt a big game player, he left with 271 total yards on offence, three touchdowns, and questions of his championship abilities forever answered. It was the perfect ending to a yearlong journey for the Roughriders and fans of the team in Saskatchewan; all of them rewarded for making the event one of the loudest and most passionate in recent memory. Robinson Cano Authentic Jersey .C. -- Axel Blomqvist scored the winner at 16:40 of the third period as the Victoria Royals edged the Kelowna Rockets 3-2 on Tuesday in Western Hockey League action. Robinson Cano Green Jersey .S. Open title at Pebble Beach to winning the match that gave Europe victory in the Ryder Cup. He knew an encore was going to be tough. http://www.authenticmari...as-mariners-jersey/.com) - The Carolina Hurricanes placed defenceman Justin Faulk on injured reserve and recalled defenseman Ryan Murphy from the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL) on Thursday. Norichika Aoki Mariners Jersey . "It was one of the worst feelings Ive had in hockey for sure," the Edmonton Oil Kings defenceman said. Being forced to sit and watch the first three Canadian games of this years tournament has been almost as painful. Seattle Mariners Jersey . -- A horse with a humble pedigree.TORONTO -- The UFC has cut former bantamweight champion Miguel Angel Torres over a tweet. On Wednesday, Torres tweeted "If a windowless van was called a surprise van, more people wouldnt mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises." The initial Torres tweet said rape van instead of windowless van. Torres told freelance reporter Matt Erickson that he was quoting from the TV show "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and was watching it at the time. White confirmed Torres release for the "rape van" tweet in a text to The Canadian Press. "Theres absolutely nothing I could say to make any sense of that. And the fact that he even thinks thats funny or thats a joke, it disturbs me. It bothers me," White told si.com, which first reported Torres release. "Again, youre dealing with a guy thats a smart guy, that owns his own business, thats been one of the top fighters in the world forever. And I cut him today. Hes no longer with the UFC." Torres tweet was removed but he did subsequently say on Twitter that "Jokes on racism, pedifiles, terrorism, & other (expletive) things is ok, but some are off limits. What a sensitive world we live in." On Friday, Torres offered an apology on his website. "I am very sorry for upsetting my bosses at the UFC, and also to my fans and everyone else who was upset by the language in my tweets. I understtand it was wrong, and I meant no harm or disrespect.dddddddddddd "Given the chance, I will do whatever it takes to make things right. I am going to learn from this. I think life throws you opportunities that can make you a better person, and so thats what Im going to do here. That is how I am going to react. I am going to use this to improve myself, and I hope that my fans will continue to support me." Torres (40-4) was once the face of the WEC, dominating the 135-pound division. The 30-year-old from East Chicago, Ind., is 2-1 in the UFC since it absorbed the WEC. Former light-heavyweight champion Rashad Evans also brought the UFC some unwanted attention this week for dragging the Penn State sexual abuse scandal into trash talk with opponent Phil (Mr. Wonderful) Davis -- a Penn State graduate -- at a Chicago news conference Wednesday. White told reporters Thursday he had spoken to Evans about the comment. Former heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin apologized for a recent tweet that "Rape is the new missionary." White said Griffin was not making light of rape but wrote the tweet after seeing one rape-related story after another one night on the TV news in Las Vegas. The UFC boss said Griffin subsequently went to a local rape crisis centre in a bid to make amends. The UFC recently started offering bonuses for fighters for best use of Twitter and for most followers. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed