Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
she wasnt thinking too far ahead.
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 04 May 2016 01:32:18(UTC)

Groups: Registered

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus Crew midfielder Bernardo Anor said his first goal off a set piece was one that had been run over and over again in practice. Custom Philadelphia Phillies Jersey . His second wasnt the kind that can be duplicated in training. Anors brilliant 35-yard strike at the end of the first half proved to be the difference in Columbus 2-1 victory over the Philadelphia Union Saturday in the Crews home opener. "Thats what the games all about," he said of the score that gave him his first multi-goal game of his career. "Its something you dont practice very often. I was fortunate to score the goal." Anor previously had six goals in 45 games, including four in 20 games last season. Columbus won the first two games of the season for the first time in its 19-year history while the Union fell to 1-1-1. Leonardo Fernandes scored in the 62nd minute for Philadelphia to cut the deficit, but the first-half struggles were too much to overcome and Columbus goalkeeper Steve Clark made late saves on Fernandes and Jack McInerney. "The team last year might have crumbled a bit," Union goalkeeper Zac McMath said. "We came back and deserved a tie, if not a win." Anor gave the Crew a 2-0 lead in the second minute of first-half stoppage time. The goal was set up when Wil Trapp created a turnover at midfield and poked the ball ahead to Anor for the quick strike. "Our philosophy is to try and win the ball back as soon as possible," Trapp said. "I stepped into the lane and Bernardo had a beautiful strike. I was lucky to get an assist. He was the one that did all the work." Columbus used its first corner kick to take the lead. Federico Higuain whipped the ball from the right to Anor, who was unmarked at the edge of the goal box. Anor had waited for several of his teammates to make runs through the box to draw attention. Anor was the trailer and Higuain laced a perfect ball that Anor headed down into the goal. "We lost our man," Union coach John Hackworth said. "We should have had an easy clearance on the goal, too. Neither one of those should have happened." Philadelphia Phillies Jersey . -- Montee Ball acknowledges he was "a little bit" intimidated by Peyton Manning last year, something he says contributed to his slow start. Tim McCarver Jersey .com) - The Carolina Hurricanes placed defenceman Justin Faulk on injured reserve and recalled defenseman Ryan Murphy from the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL) on Thursday.TOKYO -- Two-time world champion Mao Asada won the womens short program on Friday to take a huge step toward winning her fourth NHK Trophy. Asada two-footed her opening triple axel but was solid in all other elements to finish with 71.26 points, five ahead of second-placed Japanese compatriot Akiko Suzuki. "I missed the triple axel, but Im not worried about it. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad," said Asada, who won Skate America, the first Grand Prix of the season. Asada, the 2010 Olympic silver medallist , could secure a place at the GP Final in Fukuoka next month with a podium finish. The NHK and the GP Final are part of Asada s preparations for the Sochi Olympics but she said she wasnt thinking too far ahead. "I wasnt thinking about Sochi, I want to take it one competition at a time this season," Asada said. Gracie Gold of the United States and Elena Radionova were tied for third with 62.83 points. In the mens event, 2010 Olympic bronze medallist Daisuke Takahashi of Japan skated a near flawless routtine to "Sonatino for Violin" to take a commanding lead with 95. Aaron Nola Phillies Jersey. 55 points, more than 10 points ahead of Javier Fernandez of Spain, in second. Japans Nobunari Oda under-rotated his opening quad toe loop to "Cotton Club" and was third with 82.70. Takahashi is aiming to bounce back from a disappointing fourth place at Skate America. "After Skate America my coach (Nikolai Morozov) and other staff said my motivation did not look good," Takahashi said. "I have had to reset myself and show my motivation to make it to the Olympics." Fernandez, the defending European champion, touched the ice with his hand on his quad salchow, but still impressed the judges with the remainder of his program. Adam Rippon of the United States stumbled during his step sequence and was fourth. Russias Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov (82.03) lead the pairs, with Chinas Sui Wenjing and Han Cong (70.13) far behind in second. Peng Cheng and Zhang Hao of China were third with 65.09 points. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed