Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
ur defence could get any better,
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 06 May 2016 00:53:52(UTC)

Groups: Registered

An eye-opening 3-0 start following a tumultuous 3-15 season has more than a few across southern Manitoba and the entire CFL landscape taken aback by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and their surge out of the gate to start 2014. R.A. Dickey Green Jersey . But dont think for a second the clubs rookie head coach is surprised. Answered in language reminiscent of a coach delivering his halftime speech in a Hollywood underdog story, Winnipegs Mike OShea responded matter-of-factly when asked if he was surprised by his teams 3-0 start. "No. No. This is what you put the work in for. This is why you make the decisions you make. This is why you keep the players you keep, and this is why you coach them as hard as you do. You do it because these guys want to win, and you need to give them your best shot," OShea told TSN 1290 Radio. "The group of guys weve got in here and how quickly theyve bought in to what were trying to do and accepted some change is just a credit to those guys. The guys in the room are the ones that get it done on the field." But neither the coach or the players are resting on the laurels from a quick start to the season. "Were not satisfied with what weve done so far," said OShea. "Were satisfied with the fact weve got six points (in the standings), but when we look at the film and we see the number of mistakes and the number of penalties and the decisions were making that cost us plays and drives, were not satisfied with that by any stretch of the imagination. Were not pleased." Early success and finding it were part of OSheas plan to help turn the Blue Bombers franchise around and get it back on a track to sustained success. "I said it right from the start. We need to win and win early to get this started. To get whatever this buy-in, the feeling, to be able to exhale and let stuff go from the prior year. But, once again, I wasnt here last year so I dont now how beaten-down they were." The last couple years in Winnipeg have been rough on those in the football club, and thats putting things mildly. OShea wants to ensure any lingering negativity from seasons past is wiped away, and that veteran Blue Bombers are ready to move on. "The idea that its not here we go again. I think with some teams you can sense it. You can sense the attitude just changes to, oh, here we go again, and it was important that we got rid of that very quickly. This isnt, here we go again. This is something completely different. We should be past that stage now. With these two last wins, coming from behind, I think were past that now, so whatever that next challenge is it gets revealed in the next tight game. Weve got to be able to conquer that too." That next challenge will likely come in the first marquee matchup of the 2014 CFL season, as the Week 4 schedule kicks off with a battle of the undefeated Thursday night. The 3-0 Edmonton Eskimos enter Winnipegs Investors Group Field looking to knock off the 3-0 Blue Bombers and grab sole possession of first place in the West. -- In addition to the return of defensive tackle Zach Anderson from a heel contusion, the only major change to Winnipegs lineup this week is at boundary wide receiver. Aaron Kellys left knee injury, deemed by Mike OShea as "a pain management" issue, will keep the receiver on the sidelines. Starting in his place will be 34-year-old Romby Bryant, who makes his first start in Blue and Gold since he was traded to Calgary back in 2009. "It feels good to get out there and get another chance, and play where it all started at," said Bryant, who began his CFL career with the Blue Bombers in 2008. "Thats how Im looking at it, is coming full circle. Do it for the fans that embraced me when I first got here." Bryant was released by the Toronto Argonauts earlier this season and signed with Winnipeg as a free agent in late June. Marcus Stroman Blue Jays Jersey . -- EJ Manuel followed the worst game of his career with the best. Brett Cecil Blue Jays Jersey . Ryan Howard had five RBIs and Kendrick pitched sharply into the seventh inning to snap his 10-game losing streak as the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Colorado Rockies 9-0 Monday. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Royals ace James Shields is open to staying in Kansas City beyond this season. That news should make the thousands of fans, already flying high over the teams strong finish a year ago, feel even better as they turned out for their annual FanFest on Friday. The Royals exercised their $13.5 million option on Shieldss contract shortly after going 86-76 last season, their best finish since 1989. The durable right-hander was a big reason behind the success, going 13-9 with a 3.15 ERA in an American League-leading 228.2 innings. Shields told a small group of reporters at Bartle Hall that he was willing to discuss an extension, but he said those talks with general manager Dayton Moore have not taken place. "Id definitely be open-minded to it," Shields said. "A player in my position, where I have one more year left before free agency, I mean, Im definitely open to it. I like Kansas City. I like the organization and I like the direction were going." If Shields went to the open market, its unlikely that the Royals would be a player in the chase. There were reports this off-season that he would seek a contract similar to that of former Royals star Zack Greinke, who signed a $147 million, six-year deal with the Dodgers last season. "Thats absolutely not true at all," Shields said. "I have no clue where he got that from, to be honest with you. Ive had no discussions with Dayton at all. "If Dayton wants to talk about it, Im more than willing to sit and talk about it. But during the season, my main focus is trying to win games and get some wins for this team." Pitchers and catchers are due to report to Surprise, Ariz., for the start of spring training on Feb. 14. The first full-squad workout is Feb. 20. Most of the Royals key pieces return from last season, when they conntended into September for the first time in a decade. R.A. Dickey Jersey. Their two biggest holes were filled by trading reliever Will Smith to Milwaukee for right field Norichika Aoki and signing Omar Infante to solidify second base. "I didnt think our defence could get any better," Shields said, "but theyre definitely filling some holes that we had. And theyre great additions to our lineup." Then theres the starting rotation, where Ervin Santana has become a free agent. While the right-hander has yet to sign elsewhere, the Royals appeared to move on when they signed left-hander Jason Vargas to a contract early in the off-season. Along with Jeremy Guthrie, the first three spots in the rotation are set. That leaves two up for grabs among a handful of candidates, including starters-turned-relievers Wade Davis and Luke Hochevar, veteran Bruce Chen, left-hander Danny Duffy and flame-thrower Yordano Ventura. "Ive just been working hard, resting my arm," said Ventura, who had a 3.52 ERA in three late-season starts in Kansas City. "Ive just been getting ready because I want to get out there and make the team." That doesnt figure to be an easy task given the glut of competition. "Its a competitive game anyway," Davis said. "Why not do it from within a little bit?" Davis said that he spent the off-season in the weight room, and pronounced himself more ready for this season than any previous year. He also said that hes already been throwing some bullpen sessions, giving him a head start on reporting for spring training. "Im definitely going in to start," said Davis, who began last season in the rotation but was demoted to the bullpen when he proved ineffective. "Hopefully I get that opportunity." Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed