Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
At times such as this the referee crew become
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 06 May 2016 01:00:07(UTC)

Groups: Registered

INDIANAPOLIS -- Pacers coach Frank Vogel says Paul George is feeling better after being diagnosed with a concussion. Santi Cazorla Jersey . It is still uncertain whether he will be ready to play Saturday night at Miami when the Eastern Conference finals resume with the series tied 1-1. Indianas two-time All-Star wore a red jersey and was limited to non-contact drills at Thursdays practice after getting injured in a collision with Miamis Dwyane Wade midway through the fourth quarter of Game 2, which Miami won 87-83. Following the game, George told reporters he "blacked out" and had blurred vision when he was hit in the back of his head by Wades knee -- descriptions team doctors said they were unaware of when George returned to the court. Based on those descriptions and further examination Wednesday, team doctors said George would be subject to the leagues concussion protocol. "There is a minimal contact requirement that hes got to do and be tested afterward," Vogel said, referring to NBA rules governing medical clearance. George took shots Thursday and made a dunk before leaving the court. He was not available to reporters following practice. Vogel made it clear that George only did light work and that he wasnt sure if the Pacers would have their top scorer for Game 3 -- or even who he would put in the starting lineup if George couldnt play. In fact, Vogel said, the Pacers might not know that answer until Saturday. "We are preparing for both (possibilities)," Vogel said. "I think we have guys that can fill in, certainly not play at Pauls level. But we would have to adjust the end result at the time, and Im sure we will be able to do that." The NBAs concussion policy states that once a player is diagnosed, he needs to be "held out of all activity until he is symptom-free at rest" and until neurological signs return to normal. George will have to go through tests of increasing exertion before being cleared. The Pacers star remained face down after a play that resembled more of a football tackle than a scramble for a loose ball. Wade also remained down before limping to the bench. Georges teammates said they never imagined he had a head injury. "I know he fell. I thought he hit his face, but like I said he was cool," power forward David West said. "I didnt know he was hurt." Following a timeout, George and Wade both returned to the floor and finished the game. That prompted questions about whether Pacers doctors should have been more cautious with George and whether players are honest with team doctors in similar situations. The NBA said Indiana followed league policy. Point guard George Hill went through a similar experience in last years Eastern Conference semifinals against New York, missing Game 5 before returning for Game 6. Hill said he believes Georges return to practice, albeit limited, was an "encouraging" sign that George might play Saturday. Hill said the toughest tests he had to pass were on the treadmill and on the court. But he doesnt believe George provided incorrect information to the doctors so he could continue to play. "He was honest at the time, he didnt feel anything until after and I think in that case your adrenaline is pushing so high that you just dont really realize until you actually sit down," Hill said. "I think he was very honest as to how he felt. I think our training staff did a great job asking questions." http://www.soccerspainonline.com/Mikel-San-Jose-UEFA-European-Spain-Jersey/ . "Last year didnt go the way we wanted it to, but we need to look at what went well and what didnt go so well. Hopefully this year we will be better," Brendan Gallagher said after practice. This year, the Canadiens have a little more depth to work with by adding players like Daniel Briere, Dale Weise, Mike Weaver, Douglas Murray and arguably, the biggest addition to this playoff roster, Thomas Vanek, who the Canadiens were able to land at the trade deadline. Sergio Busquets Jersey . You can catch all of the action live NOW on TSN and TSN GO. The Eastern Conference finals are set with Montreal scheduled to host the New York Rangers in Game 1 on Saturday, but the Chicago Blackhawks are still waiting for an opponent in the West.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, With a lot of playoff games this year already going deep into overtime, weve all heard talk about how no player wants to be the one who makes a mistake prompted by exhaustion that leads to the game-winning goal. But to what extent does all this extra play time affect the officials? How much do they feel the physical and mental fatigue caused by a game heading into its second or third overtime period, and is this related to the perception - real or imagined - that officials tend to "swallow their whistles" in OT? Best,Mark Hill Mark: Fatigue was much more of an issue to contend with in the one referee system when we chased the play from end to end and didnt get much of an opportunity for a rest. A refs best friend can be a moving puck. Whenever possible, I attempted to force players to "move it"! Aside from enhancing the entertaining value of the game another upside of sustained action was that players gave and received hits with less likelihood of retaliation and scrums developing. On occasion I wore a heart monitor and during three to five minute runs without a whistle the readings would be sustained between 165-175 bpm. By comparison the highest my heart rate ever got in the two referee system was 98 bpm. There should be no reason (in the two-ref system) where physical fatigue might negatively impact the decision making process for an official regardless how many overtime periods are played. The mental aspect of a referees performance is a whole different kettle of fish! While players dont want to become the "goat" by making a bad play or mistake, the referees internal struggle is all about rendering a decision that might be perceived as a game ending bad call. (You notice I said perceived.) The best remedy in dealing with this pressure is for the official to maintain a rock solid focus of concentration by remaining in the moment and react to call penalties whenever they occur. Once a ref stops refereeing and puts his whistle away he becomes a spectator instead of an enforcer of the playing rules. Each referee can feel intense pressure to make sure any call he makes is viewed as a "must call" in the late stages and overtime. The referees best work is done well in advance of the late stages of a game by maintaining the expected standard of enforcement and to keep the players in check throughout the entire game. Sergio Rico Spain Jersey. The best deterrent against infractions being committed is "fear" a ref can instill in players that he will call the penalty whenever it is committed. When that is achieved players tend to play much more disciplined. The onus is placed more squarely on the players not to commit infractions once the referees enforce the rules more consistently and when expectations are met. I notice a difference in these playoffs as to which referees the players respond to and those they take full liberties with. Once the penalty standard slides and obvious infractions are let go it is extremely difficult for the referee to make a call in the late stages unless it involves a scoring opportunity, a puck over the glass or a major infraction. At times such as this the referee crew become spectators and fly on a wing and a prayer in hopes that the players will not do something really stupid that might force a call. If the referee chooses to turn his whistle into a fossil the worst thing he can do is upset the apple cart with a penalty call that doesnt have a direct bearing on the play or is of less quality than what he previously has let go. We saw a prime example of this with fewer than two minutes remaining in Game 4 of the Habs-Lightning series. While it is difficult to deny that the trip by Cedric Paquette on Michael Bournival was a legitimate foul, given the countless infractions that were not penalized, the referee(s) were subjected to justifiable ridicule for calling a trip in the corner of the rink at that time of the game. It is important to note there have been some real solid performances by the zebras in games thus far. The officials we notice most however are ones that stop refereeing the game and employ a standard of enforcement that resembles shifting sand. This isnt a result of fatigue; physical or mental. There is an answer to this dilemma. The referees have to be given clear direction by the Officiating Management to know and maintain the expected penalty throughout the entire game. In this regard the officials need to be better coached and held accountable when the expected standard is not met. Finally, when the officials do the job and make the tough calls they need to know they will be supported. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed