Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
joining former Saints safety Malcol
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 06 May 2016 01:25:06(UTC)

Groups: Registered

TORONTO -- Jose Bautista had a game to remember. Aaron Sanchez Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays right-fielder had his 15th homer of the season, hit into a triple play, threw a runner out at home and was interfered with by a fan as he tried to catch a foul ball in the ninth that resulted in an out after a video review. To top it off, the Blue Jays defeated the St. Louis Cardinals 3-1 for their sixth win in a row on Friday. "I think its got to be the most eventful game Ive had in my career," said Bautista, who also extended his hit streak to 12 games. "Id like to see if anyone can find somebody else with that combination of plays." Right-hander Marcus Stroman pitched into the seventh inning in his second major-league start, both of them wins. He walked off to a standing ovation. "Its pretty special," Stroman said. "I tried to do my best tough guy impersonation and tried not to smile. But it was definitely pretty special walking off." Bautista lined into a triple play in the sixth inning, the seventh time a triple play had beeen turned by a Blue Jays opponent. It was the first triple play against Toronto since May 12, 2008, in the second game of a doubleheader at Cleveland. "Its the first time its happened to me," Bautista said. Stroman (3-0) held the Cardinals to one run on seven hits, two walks and a hit batter while striking out seven. He was lifted after a leadoff single in the seventh by Tony Cruz. Casey Janssen pitched the ninth inning for his 11th save of the season. Janssens second out came as a result of fan interference when Bautista tried to catch a foul ball hit by Cruz. The play was reviewed and Cruz was called out. "I just felt that somebody stuck a glove right in my face," Bautista said, "And I felt there was some contact there that prevented me from making the play. Obviously (the fan) was caught up in the emotion, just like everybody else. The ball is coming to him, he wants a ball hit by a major-leaguer at a major-league baseball game. Hes not thinking about the play the way I am so you cant blame him for it. But again it doesnt matter they reviewed it and made the right call." Right-hander Lance Lynn (6-4) took the loss, allowing six hits -- including two home runs -- and four walks while striking out six in five innings. The Cardinals (31-31) scored a run in the first. Matt Carpenter led off with a walk and took third on Matt Hollidays ground-rule double to right. Allen Craig singled to right to score Carpenter but Holliday was thrown out at home by Bautista. "I think its always a good play when you can throw anybody out and prevent a run." Bautista said. "Whether (Stroman) needed that at that moment in the game thats more for him to answer, not me. I think he still would have pitched a pretty good game. "The ball was hit to me at the right rate of speed. And I had a chance to throw him out. Dioner (Navarro) made a play terrific play, a fine play because my throw wasnt as good as it could have been and he still managed to catch the ball as it was going toward the runner and stay away from the running lane that they now have to give and still tag him out. So that was a pretty good play." Second baseman Brett Lawrie followed it up with a fine play on Yadier Molinas grounder to end the inning. "That is just huge momentum and puts you back into your groove and kind of lets you know your guys are behind you." Stroman said. "Right out of the gate he struggled a little bit but then he started using all his pitches," manager John Gibbons said. "He was primarily pumping the fastballs in there and when he started using his breaking ball, his change-up a little bit, it made all the difference in the world." St. Louis manager Mike Matheny acknowledged that Stroman kept the Cardinals hitters on their heels. "He kept us off balance," said Mike Matheny. "He had good life on his fastball. We saw a lot of swings and misses, probably more swings and misses than what we saw on any kind of video we had on him, with his breaking ball. I thought his breaking ball was more of a weapon today than what wed seen in the past." The Blue Jays (38-24) left the bases loaded in the bottom of the first and stranded two in the second. But they tied it 1-1 in the third when Bautista led off with a homer, a high drive to left on a 2-1 fastball. Lawrie lined his 11th homer of the season to centre on a 2-1 fastball with two out in the fifth to give the Blue Jays a 2-1 lead. Bautista hit into a triple play in the sixth inning on a liner to second baseman Descalso. The Blue Jays loaded the bases against right-handed reliever Seth Maness with singles from Anthony Gose and Jose Reyes and Carpenters error on a grounder to third by Melky Cabrera. Bautista lined a 2-0 sinker to Descalso who threw to shortstop Jhonny Peralta who caught Reyes off second. Peralta then threw to Craig who stepped on first before Cabrera could return to the base. "I did everything I could," Bautista said. "I laid off two bad pitches, swung at the one in the zone, hit it hard and it went right at somebody." The Blue Jays scored a run in the eighth. Lawrie and Navarro singled against right-hander Jason Motte to put runners at first and third. Reyes singled to right to cash in Lawrie and send pinch-runner Kevin Pillar to third. NOTES: The 25th anniversary of the first baseball game at Rogers Centre, formerly SkyDome, was celebrated on Friday with former Toronto pitcher Jimmy Key throwing out the ceremonial first pitch to his one-time catcher Ernie Whitt. They formed the Blue Jays battery in the first at SkyDome on June 5, 1989, a 5-3 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers. a Cito Gaston, who managed the Blue Jays in that game, took the lineup card to the umpires before the game. a The interleague series continues Saturday with left-hander Mark Buehrle (10-1, 2.10 earned-run average) starting for Toronto against right-hander Shelby Miller (6-5, 4.06 ERA) going for the Cardinals. a Attendance was 33,528. Jose Bautista Blue Jersey . -- Canadas Andrew Wiggins scored 30 points, Wayne Selden Jr. Justin Smoak Jersey . The second-ranked Serb has been practicing hard as he prepares for this weeks Italian Open and the French Open, which starts in two weeks. "Right now I feel much more confident at the state of my wrist and I know that Im ready much more to play a match than I was one week ago," Djokovic said Sunday after attracting thousands of spectators to a practice session with Australian Open champion Stanislas Wawrinka on the Foro Italicos spectacular Pietrangeli court, which is lined with neo-classical statues.Chip Kelly got another versatile playmaker for his offence. The Philadelphia Eagles acquired running back Darren Sproles from the New Orleans Saints for a fifth-round draft pick on Tuesday. The Eagles also agreed on a two-year contract with former Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll. "Darren Sproles is an unbelievable offensive weapon," Kelly said. "He can do it all: run, catch, plus hes a proven winner. And on top of that, he can bring all of those dynamic skills to the return game as well. There is no question we were all excited once we found out we were going to be able to trade for him." The 30-year-old Sproles is coming off one of his least productive seasons. He ranked in the bottom five among punt returners with a 6.7 yards per return average and was third worst among kick returners with an average of 21.3. Sproles offensive numbers also went down for the third straight year. He had 71 catches for 604 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 220 yards and two scores. He joins an up-tempo offence that was quite dynamic in Kellys first season in Philadelphia. The Eagles set team records for points (442), total net yards (6,676), touchdowns (53), and gross yards passing (4,406). All-Pro running back LeSean McCoy had a franchise-best 1,607 yards rushing and 2,146 yards from scrimmage. Pro Bowl MVP Nick Foles had the third-highest passer rating (119.2) in league history. "Darren is a player that we have admired for many years," Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said. "Hes a proven performer at a high level. Hes such a dangerous back and hes a great piece to add to our offence and to our special teams. We spent a considerable time in order to try to make this happen and we were very happy to get a deal done with New Orleans." Sproles played his first five seasons in San Diego and last three with the Saints. He has run for 2,221 yards and 11 TDs and caught 378 passes for 3,381 yards and 27 TDs. Since 2007, Sproles leads the NFL with 13,806 all-purpose yards and ranks first among running backs in receptions (375), yards receiving (3,371) and TD catches. He also has five return touchdowns on punts (three) and kickoffs (two). The Saints get thee second of Philadelphias two fifth-round picks in May. Jose Bautista Replica Jersey. The Eagles acquired that pick from the Patriots in a trade for defensive tackle Isaac Sopoaga last October. New Orleans beat the Eagles in Philadelphia in a first-round playoff game in January. The Saints have been successful with several fifth-round picks in recent years: wide receiver Kenny Stills, cornerback Corey White, 2012 Pro Bowl punter Thomas Morstead, two-time Pro Bowl left guard Carl Nicks, and defensive end Rob Ninkovich. Whose success has come with New England. Carroll is the fourth free agent signed by the Eagles since Tuesday, joining former Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins and special teams standouts Chris Maragos and Bryan Braman. Carroll had three interceptions and two sacks in 12 starts last season. Cary Williams and Bradley Fletcher were Philadelphias starting cornerbacks in 2013 and Brandon Boykin started in the slot. The Eagles finished last in pass defence. "Nolan Carroll brings good experience to our team," Kelly said. "Hes been a starter in Miami. Hes a good athlete and hell bring good depth to our cornerback position with Cary, Fletch and Brandon. His skill set fits what we are trying to do on defence and special teams." Carroll allowed just 43 receptions in 451 coverage snaps last year, according to Pro Football Focus. Opposing quarterbacks had a passer rating of only 65.0 when targeting him. "Nolan is a guy we have studied for a while and the thing you see is his size, speed and press ability," Roseman said. "He will add depth to a cornerback group we already feel good about. You can never have enough big, long corners on a football team. Hes also a player that has proven to be a productive gunner on special teams." The 27-year-old Carroll had 135 tackles, five interceptions, 22 passes defended and three sacks in four seasons in Miami. Before NFL free agency opened, the Eagles re-signed wide receivers Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin and gave contract extensions to All-Pro left tackle Jason Peters and centre Jason Kelce. They also re-signed punter Donnie Jones this week. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed