Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
I think the offence is there
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 14 May 2016 01:28:23(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Last week was a whirlwind of action when it came to players making moves in the Heisman Watch. Seattle Mariners Jersey . Jameis Winston stole Tajh Boyds front row seat for the most coveted individual trophy in college sports while Marcus Mariota made his case to be considered the favourite among favourites. This week things settled down a considerable deal, both in terms of ranked teams taking care of business on the field and the Heisman Watch. And when the dust settles who but Johnny Football is left as the Heisman favourite through nine weeks of college football action. Defending Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel reminded everyone who may have forgotten why hes still the man to beat for the award with a 305-yard, four touchdown performance against SEC opponent Vanderbilt. The Aggies chances of a National Championship are shot this season but Manziel is making sure the team is still a must-watch on a weekly basis. Meanwhile, across the country Mariotas performance wasnt nearly as sterling. But given the strength of Oregons Week 9 opponent, leading the team to a win was enough on its own to score points in the Heisman Watch. The redshirt freshman was held to just 230 yards and a touchdown against the 12th-ranked UCLA Bruins, but the win vaulted the Ducks above Florida State in the BCS rankings. And speaking of Florida State, Winston threw for 292 yards and three touchdowns and a pick in the Seminoles big win over North Carolina State to retain his spot in the proverbial Top 3. Among the fringe candidates, Louisvilles Teddy Bridgewater continued his trend of dismantling weaker opponents with a 344 yard, three touchdown performance against South Florida. Running backs Bishop Sankey and Lache Seastrunk hang around for another week as well. Robinson Cano Womens Jersey . That, he hinted, could come Wednesday. Negotiators for the NBA and its players met for only about two hours Tuesday and plan to resume the talks early Wednesday. Stern said that meeting will determine how soon its worth sitting down again. Robinson Cano Red Jersey . LOUIS -- Russell Martin wanted a better fate for his starting pitcher and helped deliver a happier ending.TAMPA, Fla. -- Outfielder Brett Gardner and the New York Yankees have agreed to a contract that adds $52 million in guaranteed money from 2015-18. The deal announced Sunday includes a team option for for 2019 that if exercised would make the new money $62.5 million over five seasons. "It shows the level of confidence, belief and trust, and the type of player and person he is," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. "Were excited to know that hes going to be a part of this team going forward. Were a better team with Gardy on it, thats the bottom line. This is a good day for him, and we believe it makes the future for us better." Gardner agreed last month to a $5.6 million, one-year contract and would have been eligible for free agency after the 2014 season. The new deal adds a $2 million signing bonus payable next January and salaries of $12 million in 2015, $13 million in 2016, $12 million in 2017 and $11 million in 2018. The Yankees have a $12.5 million option for 2019 with a $2 million buyout. Gardner would receive an additional $1 million payment if hes traded, a provision he can earn only once. "Free agency is something that, it kind of intrigued me, but it also kind of scared me," Gardner said. "Ive never been anywhere else. I love it here. I love putting on the pinstripes everyday." Cashman said talks about the contract started at the winter meetings in December. The Yankees are moving Gardner to left field this year after signing free agent centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury to a $153 million, seven-year contract in December. Gardner did have questions in his mind about his Yankees future after the Ellsbury acquisition. "When they signed Jaacoby, your name gets thrown out in the trade rumours and all that," Gardner said. Robinson Cano Grey Jersey. "Its kind of annoying, really. I didnt want to get traded. I dont want to go anywhere else, and I let them know that." The 30-year-old Gardner hit .273 last year with eight home runs, 52 RBIs and 24 stolen bases. "I like what he brings," Cashman said. "The speed dynamic, the defence, and I think the offence is there as well." Also, the Yankees agreed to a minor league contract with injured closer Andrew Bailey, who was with Boston last year and is coming back from right shoulder surgery last July. Cashman said the right-hander might be able to join the team in August or September. "When he is healthy, hes an exceptional reliever," Cashman said. "Hes coming off of a shoulder surgery, so were taking a flier. A low risk. If we can get a reward out of it, great. If not, its one of those nothing ventured, nothing gained." NOTES: Yankees manager Joe Girardi attended a meeting with MLB officials Joe Torre and Tony La Russa Saturday on topics including instant replay. Girardi said the Yankees first instant replay test game will be March 6 against Philadelphia in Clearwater. "It opens up us to more to have to answer for, but I think it gives our game the opportunity to have more things decided on the field, which I think is a good thing," Girardi said. The Yankees plan to work on replay situations throughout spring training even if its not a test game. "Well probably practice with walkie talkies," Girardi said. ... New York OF Alfonso Soriano missed his fourth day due to the flu, but could do a light workout Monday. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed