Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
the hotel away from the rest of th
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 17 May 2016 01:19:41(UTC)

Groups: Registered

R. Ray Allen Thunder Jersey .A. Dickey lost on Opening Day and Jose Reyes is on the disabled list. Stop me if youve heard this one before, because amazingly its a scenario that Blue Jays fans are now experiencing for the second straight April. Add in the fact that closer Casey Janssen was placed on the DL on the eve of the season, and you could argue things are even worse than they were a year ago for the Jays. Lets get it out of the way right off the top - it was Game 1 of 162. A baseball fan wouldnt feel uncomfortable about a teams chances after just one game, right? But theres no question that theres a sense of deja vu for Toronto fans after Mondays 9-2 loss to the Tampa Bay Rays. Bad starting pitching last April coupled with the injury to Reyes pretty much killed the Jays chances at contending by the time the calendar flipped to May. So is it an overreaction this time around to have that same ominous feeling that this is nothing more than a continuation of last season? Sure, Tampa Bay is considered a World Series contender and theres no shame in losing to former Cy Young winner David Price. But still. In the 1989 baseball cult classic film "Major League", it was commentator Harry Doyle, played by the legendary Bob Uecker, who said "a lot of people say you can tell how the seasons gonna go by the first hitter of the year." Willie Mays Hays legged out an infield single for the Indians in the movie, then got picked off first base. On Monday, Reyes never made it that far. In the first at-bat of the Blue Jays season, he pulled up while running to first base after aggravating the hamstring injury that had been bothering him during spring training. The team placed him on the 15-day disabled list after the game, meaning it will be the middle of the month at best before we see Torontos star leadoff hitter in the lineup again. The Blue Jays will play three more games at Tropicana Field this week, a place where they have not won a series since 2007. Then its home for three against the revamped New York Yankees to close out the first week of the season. Last year the Blue Jays finished the first week with a record of 2-4, and its entirely possible they could be in that zone again. Given, its very, very early. You cant judge a major league season by the first game. But do you feel uncomfortable about the Blue Jays after witnessing their Opening Day loss? Its Your! Call. Russell Westbrook Autographed Jersey . -- Oakland Athletics third baseman Scott Sizemore has undergone surgery on his left knee to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament. Russell Westbrook Blue Jersey . With the players association in the midst of meetings in Las Vegas, a vote will be held on Friday to decide the CFLPAs presidency and other executive positions.NAPLES, Italy -- Andy Murray is expected to recover from illness to face Andreas Seppi on the opening day of Britains Davis Cup quarter-final against Italy. Murray was confined to his hotel room with a stomach bug during the draw on Thursday but the Wimbledon champion is likely to line up against Seppi in Fridays second singles match, when he will be looking for his sixth consecutive win against the Italian. James Ward will start Britains bid to reach the Davis Cup semifinals for the first time since 1981 with a daunting test against Italian No. 1 Fabio Fognini in the opening match. "Andys got some sort of virus which has made him feel pretty poorly over the last 24 hours in particular," Britain captain Leon Smith said. "It is important to give him a lot of rest and recovery. Thats why he didnt attend the draw, to spend time with the doctor and stay at the hotel away from the rest of the group. "Hopefully he can be fit and play a big part in the weekend, which Im sure he will. Hes a fighter and obviously desperate to play so looks like he will be OK." Despite his illness, Murrray will still be the favourite against Seppi, who -- at no. Kevin Durant Grey Jersey. 34 -- is ranked 26 places below the two-time Grand Slam champion. "Its going to be a very difficult match," Seppi said. "Hes a great player. The last matches I played against him, I always lost so I have to do better. I have to try and play my best game, very aggressive and hopefully I can beat him." Italy will be relying heavily on Fogninis fine form as it attempts to reach the final four for the first time since 1998. The charismatic Fognini is currently at a career-high ranking of No. 13, after winning three singles titles on clay within the past nine months. He said he has fully shaken off a left leg injury he picked up in the quarterfinal defeat to Rafael Nadal in Miami. "I feel great," said Fognini. "I was a little bit tired, felt some pain in the legs, but now I feel much better. I have had more than one week to recover and hopefully Friday is going to go the right way Colin Fleming and Ross Hutchins are set to face Simone Bolelli and Paolo Lorenzi in Saturdays doubles. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed