Caper Republic

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
elbow in frustration after missi
yuguhun
#1 Posted : 17 May 2016 01:39:57(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Nicolas Batum White Jersey .ca. Dear Kerry, I was watching the fourth goal for the Islanders in the game against the Leafs, it seemed the Leafs goalie Bernier had the puck covered and the referee blew the whistle raised his arms in the air to signal the play was dead and then moments later signaled good goal. On the overhead replay, you could see the puck cross the line before the whistle, however it seems to me that the referee thought the puck was covered and intended to blow the play dead as he blew the whistle before ever seeing the puck free. Would this fall under the intent to blow the play dead under Rule 31.2: "As there is a human factor involved in blowing the whistle to stop play, the Referee may deem the play to be stopped slightly prior to the whistle actually being blown. The fact that the puck may come loose or cross the goal line prior to the sound of the whistle has no bearing if the referee has ruled that the play had been stopped prior to this happening." Look forwards to hearing your take on the play. Jordan Anstey --- Hi Kerry, I have a question regarding the Leaf/Islanders game. The Islanders just tied the game 4-4 on a questionable goal, in my opinion. The puck was never frozen by Bernier, as it rolled across the goal line. The referee at the crease blew his whistle, waved it dead and then immediately pointed to the puck in the net. How on earth can you blow the play dead and then reverse it? That shouldnt have counted! Please correct me if I am wrong. Best Regards,Dale Jordan and Dale: Referee Denis LaRue did everything correctly from the moment he attacked the net with speed and eventually located the puck across the goal line the goal line behind Jonathan Bernier. Any evidence or question of the referees "intent to blow the whistle" would have resulted from the fact that he could not see the puck as he approached the net and therefore might have assumed it was frozen under Berniers equipment (puck out of sight). The referee demonstrated patience in not blowing the whistle pre-maturely as he continued on a path toward the goal crease in an effort to find the puck. Once referee LaRue got to the net he did in fact locate the puck across the goal line almost simultaneously with his decision to kill the play. This visual picture was quickly processed and abruptly changed any thought he might have had that the puck was frozen. The puck in the net was now a reality for the referee. As such, Denis LaRues hands immediately went from the field goal position signaling "play is dead" to pointing into the net signaling that a legal goal had been scored! This visual evidence demonstrated and confirmed to the referee that the puck had entered the net prior to his whistle and any "intent" he might have had to blow the play dead. It is somewhat speculative to assume the puck is frozen just because you dont see it. Definitive evidence is presented whenever the referee sees the puck across the goal line. A legal goal must be based on that evidence. Far too many times I have seen referees misjudge plays in and around the goal crease when they remained stationary in the corner or kept an obstructed view without moving their feet. Had it not been for LaRues quick reaction this could have been just another one of those unfortunate times. On the play Travis Hamonics shot from the point was deflected by Carl Gunnarsson and picked up behind the goal line half way to the corner by Ryan Strome. This altered puck position forced the referee to retreat to the corner just ahead of the goal line. Strome then threw the puck to the front of the net and it was redirected by Anders Lee between Berniers pads. Rather than remain in the corner, Referee LaRue read the situation and reacted without hesitation by sprinting to the net on angle that allowed him to avoid Nazim Kadri and Ryan Strome. En route to the net the refs inability to immediately locate the puck, along with his instinct and experience might have caused him to think the puck was underneath Jonathan Bernier. LaRues patience with the whistle and his quick footed attack toward the net to locate the puck behind Bernier resulted in the correct call to allow the goal scored by Anders Lee to stand. In this situation the referee demonstrated a text book attack of the net in order to render the correct call. Frank Kaminsky Hornets Jersey . The offensive drought ended with flurry, though, as Boston scored eight times in the fourth inning Saturday, including a grand slam by Carl Crawford, in a 12-7 win over the Texas Rangers. Spencer Hawes Hornets Jersey .com) - Mikko Korhonen carded a 5-under 67 on Thursday to claim medalist honors at the European Tours Final Qualifying Stage tournament.LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Kobe Bryant and LeBron James traded hugs, big shots and verbal jabs all night with warmth and humour. In the waning minutes, they went head-to-head in yet another entertaining duel between two of this generations greatest talents.Although LeBron ended up topping his friendly rival again, King James relished what could be one of his final chances to share a court with one of his few true peers.James scored 36 points and the Cleveland Cavaliers snapped their six-game losing streak with a 109-102 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday night despite Bryants 19 points and career-high 17 assists.Its always fun, a pleasure, James said. Its two of the best competitors this game has probably ever seen, and to be on the same floor with him, somebody I looked up to when I was a child growing up, seeing him go straight from high school to the NBA, its fun, its great. I hated him being out of the NBA last year because of injury, and its fun having him back.Cleveland had lost nine of 10 before James held off Bryant down the stretch in a scintillating exchange between the basketball icons.Bryant hit a 3-pointer with 1:54 left and two free throws with 43 seconds to play, cutting Clevelands lead to 103-99. But James drove past Bryant for an acrobatic layup with 20.9 seconds left, and Bryant missed a jumper that essentially ended it.Bryant and James embraced again afterward, and even Kobe allowed himself to relish the moment.If we were contending for a championship, Id be my same moody self, Bryant said. But right now, I tend to have a little more perspective, knowing I really wont get a chance to play against him for much longer. So you want to enjoy it.Bryant set a career high for assists in his 1,279th regular-season game, playing in his second straight after skipping three of four games to rest his 36-year-old body. He showed off his playmaking skills, but James got the Cavs comfortably ahead while Kobe sat out the start of the fourth quarter under a strict minutes limit.James and Bryant laughed and joked throughout the game, exchanging good-natured jibes while waiting to check into the game together. James turned 30 last month, while Bryants season has been defined by his weariness from a 19-year career.Kobe even had something to say when LeBron spectacularly clanged a dunk attempt off the rim.He said, Thats wwhat old age will get you, James said with a laugh. Kemba Walker White Jersey. You start missing dunks when you thought you was up there.James has won 13 of his last 16 matchups with Kobe since 2006. When Bryant went back to the bench after getting his 15th assist in the third quarter, James took charge of the Cavs rally to an 11-point lead in the fourth.For all of us, those are two all-time greats going at it ... like two prizefighters, Cavs coach David Blatt said. Its great to see two guys playing the game at that level for so many years and still involving their teammates in the way that they did.Kyrie Irving added 22 points and Kevin Love scored 17 for the Cavaliers, who moved back to .500 with their first victory since Jan. 2.On the fourth stop of Clevelands five-game West Coast trip, James hit four 3-pointers in his second game back from an eight-game absence with an injured right knee.Jordan Hill scored 20 points in the Lakers ninth loss in 12 games.TIP-INSCavaliers: James ripped off the protective sleeve on his elbow in frustration after missing his first three free throws, only to miss a fourth without the support. ... Loves back appeared to be bothering him throughout the game. A trainer attended to him during a second-quarter timeout. ... Cleveland began the night under .500 for the first time since Nov. 24.Lakers: Bryant set his previous career high in assists on Feb. 2, 2002, against Michael Jordan and the Washington Wizards. ... Nick Young scored 14 points, but his streak of consecutive free throws made ended at 31 in the fourth quarter. ... NBA career assists leader John Stockton also played 19 seasons, getting a season high of 13 assists that year.TIGHT COREBlatt used just three reserves, but got significant contributions from all eight players. J.R. Smith had three 3-pointers and 14 points, while Timofey Mozgov had 10 rebounds.SHUTDOWNBryant wont travel to the Lakers road game against the Jazz on Friday, and he realizes coach Byron Scott has suggested the team might decide to shut him down for the season in several weeks. Thats a tough one for me, Bryant said. I want to play, but at the same time, I understand his position, and I understand managements position, and I will do what they ask of me. But its very, very hard for me to miss one game.UP NEXTCavaliers: At Clippers on Friday.Lakers: At Utah on Friday. Cheap China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '
Sponsor  

Rss Feed  Atom Feed